Job Opening – Paid Position
The Arkansas Central Office announces the opening of the Central Office Manager position. The Central Office Manager “functions as a paid employee of the Central Office – not as an AA member – during duty hours and is hired largely on the basis of professional skill.”1
Tradition Eight: “Alcoholics Anonymous should remain forever nonprofessional. We define professionalism as the occupation of counseling alcoholics for fees or hire. But we may employ alcoholics where we might otherwise have to engage nonalcoholics. Such special services may be well recompensed, but our usual AA Twelfth Step work is never to be paid for.”2
The Central Office Manager’s duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining accurate financial records that comply with all state and IRS requirements
- Preparing and presenting monthly financials and annual budget to the central office representatives
- Maintaining accurate and sufficient inventory of books, pamphlets, and chips and other bookstore items
- Preparing for the filing of and/or filing any necessary tax documents
- Attend all Board and Central Office Representative Meetings.
- Maintaining at least 20 regular office hours per week
- Organizing, supervising and assisting office volunteers.
- Maintaining and updating After Hour and 12-Stepper call lists.
- Working with COR’s reps in creating fundraising activities benefiting the Central office; 4 per year
- Ensuring setup of mobile bookstore tables at Area Assembly and various AA, conventions, throughout the State.
- Experience with recordkeeping and bookkeeping
- 2-years minimum sobriety
- Highly organized individual
- Experience with MS Office, especially Word and Excel
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Experience in general office management functions
- Active involvement in AA fellowship and recovery
- A basic understanding of AA structure, traditions, and concepts is helpful
Time Commitment: 20 hours/week, usually Monday-Friday and occasionally a weekend
Compensation: Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
To apply for this position or for more Information please contact Eric G. at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application period will end April 30, 2022
1) Reprinted from (AA Guidelines: Central or Intergroup Offices), with permission of AA World Services, Inc.
2) Reprinted from (Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, pg. 191), with permission of AA World Services, Inc.